Native Teaching Aids creates, develops, produces, and distributes teaching materials focusing on indigenous languages, cultures, and histories, all from an Indigenous perspective and with tribal collaboration.
Native Teaching Aids believes in the vital importance of maintaining and revitalizing indigenous culture, language, and history for communities everywhere. Native Teaching Aids develops, designs, and creates educational and entertaining materials with a focus on indigenous language, culture and history. Our products are a resource for tribes, schools, students, and families. As architects of our own industry, our products are unique, offered from an indigenous perspective, and tribally approved. Through inspiration and education, we aim to bolster indigenous pride, help communities in their efforts to revitalize endangered languages, and dispel stereotypes embedded in non-indigenous culture for over a century. Native Teaching Aids is committed to collaborating with tribal leaders and staff members to create products that are accurate, high quality, educational and fun!
Helping to bring the language home again
- We collaborate with tribal councils and communities to develop materials that are needed, accurate and culturally sensitive.
- We publish materials only after they have been approved by tribal authorities.
- A percentage of all our game sales is returned to the focus tribe to help provide funding for additional product development.
- We are committed to producing products that are educational, fun, of high quality, and affordable.
- Native Teaching Aids embraces a Native American-preferred hiring policy.
- All NTA employees must demonstrate a knowledge of, passion for, and respect for Native American cultures, languages and people.
- We offer our tribal clients the option of providing us with their own cultural and language data ... or we are happy to research, study and input needed data.
- Our location allows us to contribute to the economies of nearby reservations.